Founded in 2000, Los Niños Cuentan has been providing direct outreach and services to survivors of domestic violence and their families in the Portland metro area.
Based in Clackamas County, Los Niños Cuentan works to eliminate barriers to existing resources through culturally specific programs. Support, referral and co-case management are conducted in an atmosphere of trust, self-sufficiency and dignity.
- Support Latino Families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Support Latino Families affected by addictions.
- Increase the utilization of child abuse services among Latino families.
- Educate the Spanish speaking community about the emotional impact of domestic violence and addictions on children and youth.
- To prevent family violence within the Latino community.
- To support Hispanic families impacted by domestic and/or sexual violence.
- To assist families in achieving self-sufficiency.
- To enhance the self-esteem of Latino family members.
- Increase the understanding of family violence through community education and support services.
- Respond to the needs of community members in crisis through counseling, advocacy and case management.
- Support community members in accessing community resources in the areas of housing, immigration, health-care, education and other necessary resources to improve their standard of living.
- Build relationships with the community through educational programs.
- Advocate for families impacted by family violence.
- Advocate for families affected by addiction.